Connected Communities is a multi-million pound research programme designed to help us understand the changing nature of communities in their historical and cultural contexts and the role of communities in sustaining and enhancing our quality of life.
The programme addresses a number of core themes including: health and wellbeing; creative and digital communities; civil society and social innovation; environment and sustainability: heritage; diversity and dissent; participatory arts.
It aims to achieve: new insights into community and new ways of researching community that put arts and humanities at the heart of research and connect academic and community expertise.
It is an ambitious programme: over 280 awards have so far been made, working with 400 community partners and organisations. All of the projects can be viewed on our Map and further details can be found through the Project pages of this website where you will find clusters of projects centred around the core themes of the programme.
A map of the programme is available here
You can find out more about the programme in our report, Creating Living Knowledge, available here:
Two Leadership Fellows, Keri Facer and George McKay, have been appointed to provide intellectual leadership and develop activities within the Connected Communities Programme, as well as undertaking their own individual research activities relevant to the Programme. In this short podcast they introduce the Connected Communities programme and discuss its significance. You can find out more about their research by going to the CC Team page.
- Connected Communities Media Collection
- Book Series
- Creating Living Knowledge Report
- Co-creating Cities & Communities Summer Event
- Re-imagining contested communities
- Connected Communities Foundation Series
- Street Music in the UK - Annotated Bibliography
- Street Music in the UK - Large Print
- Street Music in the UK
- Street Music conference programme
- Connected Communities: A-Z of Community Partners 2009 - 2019
- Connected Communities: A Decade of Collaborative Research LARGE PRINT
- Connected Communities: A Decade of Collaborative Research