– A toilet theme game/installation* which you will all be invited to take part in.
– A ‘design toolkit’* to be used by architects and city planners when designing toilet spaces.
– A short report detailing the importance of thinking about safe and accessible toilets, which can be used in toilet activism.
* Designed and made by a team of Masters Architecture Students as part of the Sheffield School of Architecture ‘Live Project’.
The Re-imagining Toilets event will also include talks from the project team and organisations involved, t-shirt making, an evening performance from Queer of the Unknown, and a free light vegetarian evening meal. The event will run from 2.30pm-8pm but you are free to drop-in and leave at your convenience. The event is free to attend but please reserve a place via the Z-Arts venue website here.
If you’re an architect, city planner or designer, a trans, queer and/or disabled person, have been involved in a toilet campaign, or are just interested in the project, then sign up to come along.
The programme will be available to view soon but, until then, please view our Facebook event for further details and to save the date in your calendar. We would also appreciate support in sharing and circulating the event amongst your friends, colleagues and any interested/relevant networks.
– More information on getting to the venue here.
– There are limited funds to cover travel and/or childcare. Please get in touch if this would be useful to you.
– A light vegetarian evening meal will be provided. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements.
– Children are welcome to join us for the afternoon and food. We will not be monitoring attendance to the evening performance but it may contain strong language and sexual references.
– There is step free access to the building and all rooms are on the ground floor.
– A quiet room will be provided.
– There is on-street parking around the building.
– BSL interpretation will be provided.
– There will be more information on the programme coming soon, but get in touch if you want more information about any of the activities.
– We endeavour to make this event as accessible as possible. Please let us know if you have any more access questions or requirements.