7 June 2018 to 9 June 2018Keele University; , Staffordshire, ST5 5BG,
Community Animation and Social Innovation Centre – CASIC is pleased to announce its second exciting Summer School which will be taking place in central England at the New Vic Theatre, Newcastle-under-Lyme (7th of June) and Keele University (8-9th of June, 2018).
The Summer School will enlighten, inspire and guide ECRs and students at all stages of scholarly or professional doctorates. It will include the opportunity to experience and work with our interactive digital environment, The Health Cinema and each day will be packed with hands-on sessions addressing six broad topics:
Knowledge co-design and co-production
Somatic practice, motion capture and VR technology
Collaborative creative analysis
Speakers and facilitators include:
- Professor Mihaela Kelemen – CASIC Director, Keele Management School
- Sue Moffat – Director of New Vic Borderlines, New Vic Theatre
- Véronique Jochum, Head of Research, National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Dr. Helen Kara, independent researcher and author of Creative Research Methods in the Social Sciences: A Practical Guide.
- Dr Ceri Morgan – English and Creative Writing, School of Humanities, Keele University
- Professor Rajmil Fischman – Music and Music Technology, School of Humanities, Keele University
- Dr. Lisa Dikomitis, School of Medicine and iPCHS, Keele University
- Anna Macdonald, Dance Artist, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Will Brearley, Music and Music Technology, School of Humanities, Keele University
- Tom Pardoe, School of Pharmacy, Keele University
- Dr. Emma Surman, Keele Management School
- Dr. Lindsay Hamilton, Keele Management School
The full programme can be viewed here.
We are offering an early bird price of £260 for bookings received and paid by 30th April. After that date the price will be £300. The cost includes refreshments and lunches and a complimentary copy of Dr Kara’s book on Creative research methods.
To book a place please click here
Please follow #CRMSS18 on Twitter for pre-event updates.